RETRO CIRCLES

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Has It Really Been Almost a Month?!

I knew it had been awhile since I posted, but I had no idea it has been almost a month. May is crazy. It is the beginning of the end of a school year, it is my birthday, Mother's Day, Toller's Birthday, doctor appointments, Memorial Day, etc etc etc. This year has been no different. It seems like every single moment is filled with something. Do not misunderstand me, I love all of the wonderful things that happen in May. We have had a blast enjoying them, it just is a lot and obviously blogging has not happened.  I apologize. I like blogging. I enjoying taking time to reflect on all that is happening in our busy, crazy and hectic lives. I look at it as my way to stop and remember the flowers I smelled.

We were recently in the path of a very deadly storm. We took our supplies and headed for the basement. When thinking about what special items I wanted to have with me in case the tornado took our house and all our possessions I was reassured thinking that, while I wish I had baby books for my children, I have something I consider just as great. I have a blog. I have memories and pictures recorded. Milestones and funny anecdotes written down. Firsts and heartaches engraved in my mind because of the words and pictures on the blog. I do have some very special and sentimental items that I want to keep safe and those are already inside our firebox. Everything else is just stuff. 'Stuff' I like and I would miss, but just stuff. We were fortunate and the tornado missed us, but unfortunately that was not the case for all those in our area. Many families lost everything. Thankfully and miraculously no one was hurt. We have been busy going through our 'stuff' to donate to those who lost it all.

Magnolia turned 19 months old on the 5th. Last week she weighed in at 11lbs 15.5 oz. We are holding our breath waiting for that 12lb mark!  She has been on coconut oil for over a month and we really feel it is helping with the weight gain. She is still eating baby food by mouth and bottles by mouth during the day and she is getting fed by the pump at night. Watching her gives us clues as to why she cannot gain weight. She is constantly moving


Magnolia loves her brother. She will roll and roll to get next to him. Often times once she finally gets there he moves, because that is what T does...move! She will then start rolling and rolling again to get next to him. It is adorable!

Magnolia had her cardiology check up on April 25th, 2012.  The cardiologist said that he does not see any change since her last appointment in October. He said that while he wishes her ASD and pulmonary stenosis had corrected itself he was pleased it was not worse. He said that she is compensating fine with it and he does not see any reason to 'crack her' open to fix it. He would like her to gain more weight and hopefully if she does eventually need surgery he would be able to just go in and fix it without having to open her all the way up and 'crack her open'. I had to write that again because every time he said it I could actually hear a sternum crack in my mind. I decided it should be an onomatopoeia.
Waiting on the doc
Magnolia sat up for the first time by herself on April 26th, 2012! Of course I was not there to witness it. Brian, my mom and Toller told me all about it. I did not get to witness her actually getting herself up for several more days. I put her laying down on the floor in her room one day and went to my room for two seconds only to return to her sitting there smiling at me. I tried to get her to do it again and again, but she would not. She just smiled at me! I did finally get to see it, but only after I would find her sitting and question everyone around to ask if they put her like that. She was being sneaky about it and I seriously considered putting up a video camera and leaving the room.

Sharing some time listening to music. She has one ear bud in and he has the other.
Getting ready to have a wonderful Cinco de Mayo dinner with friends!
Toller and Magnolia chilling in my classroom on Sunday while I worked. Toller bought Magnolia her "I'm the Cutest Little Sister" shirt.
She gets mad now when she is not sitting up, she has such a personality!

 We finally got her sitting up on video.
  

Happy Mother's Day to all!
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I was pampered and showered with love.  

Magnolia must have sat up a hundred times today. She has abs of steel. In this video she is playing with her favorite toy and sitting up over and over again.


5 comments:

  1. Where do I start??? The pictures are super cute, but the videos are awesome!! It's so great to see her get herself to sit! Wow, that's such a hard work, and she's doing great! Yeah, we are in the same boat with the weight gain. You love the fact that she's active and moving around, but that's not helping the weight gain... Good luck with the coconut oil, I hope it helps. I wish I had a magical answer to the weight gain question with WHS kids...

    Happy Mother's Day to you too, my dear friend, you look happy, and I like it. Big hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'm just curious, have you calculated how many calories she takes in per 24 hours? Our pediatrician wanted us to give Denise more than 120 cal/kg of her weight per day, while normally kids need around 80 cal/kg to grow. We did that and it still went super slow... It's killing me to this day :)) Good luck once again :) Do you give her probiotics or digestive enzymes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin those videos... Magnolia is looking so strong, she has come such a long way... I get what you mean with the weight gain.. I too belive that Ellie hinders her weight gain because she never stops moving... Hope you had a great mothers day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE the photos and the videos! Have to admit to a couple of tears. It is such a big milestone. Ryley used to be constantly on the move too (still is in fact), and seemed to never put on weight. Ryley now has a zillion calories and still grows slow. It is just part of the WHS.
    Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day with that beautiful family of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could watch magnolia sit up over and over again. She seems so happy. Glad to hear things went well at the cardiologist. You never realize how important status quo is until you are a mother. Hope she continues to put on weight and get to that 12lb mark soon. Thoughts and prayers from JD and family.

    ReplyDelete