Magnolia has not found an interest in toys. We have tried a lot of different ones and for the most part she could take them or leave them. She does like to look at books with pictures of real babies. I had to go to my favorite local bookstore and have them order me more because they are hard to find. The bookstore ordered several and Magnolia loves them. Our OT suggested we get Magnolia the little mylar balloons that are attached to a stick that are often put in plants. We cut the sticks down so they were not as long and gave them to Magnolia (with supervision of course). She loves them. She can hold one (though I am not sure she knows she has it in her hand) and wave it around and watch it. It is bright and shiny! It is perfect because it is so light and easy for her to grasp. Our OT was digging through a huge box of toys seeing if there was anything that caught Magnolia's eye and guess what did? A slinky!? Yep, a slinky! Toller got out one of his tiny slinkys and hooked it to Magnolia's play gym. She loves it! She bats at it and grabs it.
It took Dylan a long time to find an interest in toys but he finally did and it was very exciting! I am so happy that Magnolia likes the balloon and slinky. Such a great milestone! xoxo
Awesome!!! I can myself play with a slinky any day! Denise used to have a kick out of those Mardi Gras beads. You can find them at the party supplies section. Magnolia might like them too, they are on the shiny side too :)) Beautiful pictures!
I'm going to get a balloon today!!! Do you have any consignment shops? We go and look for old toys with lights and Alexander likes those. But I've got to get a balloon!!
It took Dylan a long time to find an interest in toys but he finally did and it was very exciting! I am so happy that Magnolia likes the balloon and slinky. Such a great milestone! xoxo
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!! I can myself play with a slinky any day!
ReplyDeleteDenise used to have a kick out of those Mardi Gras beads. You can find them at the party supplies section. Magnolia might like them too, they are on the shiny side too :))
Beautiful pictures!
I'm going to get a balloon today!!! Do you have any consignment shops? We go and look for old toys with lights and Alexander likes those. But I've got to get a balloon!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news and pics! :)
ReplyDelete