RETRO CIRCLES

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Walking on the Treadmill and Losing Weight

During PT they put Magnolia on the treadmill. The first time she was on it she started complaining after about 3 minutes but we pushed her to 5. The second day we tried she did not start complaining until the last 30 seconds. Improvement. The second time she also put her hands on the rails to help balance herself. It was extremely exciting to watch.

Unfortunately, she lost weight again this week. We are hoping it was because she still is not feeling well.

She loved watching Toller.

She looks so big.



9 comments:

  1. I love seeing the progress with the little munchkins. Plus, I love her older brother helping cheer her on. Thank you for the support for JD. Hopefully, one day Magnolia and JD can run around playing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she is losing weight from the treadmill work too?? IT doesn't take much for our kids to lose that precious weight! Love seeing the progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Anna, could it be from the moving and exercising.. Love the treadmill idea... Neer thought of that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! Look at her!! She looks so big :)) and so strong!! I love it! I wish I had a button to push and make our kids gain weight!! Have you tried adding oil/ heavy cream to her feeds for added calories? Have you counted how many calories she takes in one day? Each child is different of course, but Denise needs more than 140 cal/kg/day to actually SLOWLY gain weight. I hope Magnolia is not that bad :) normally kids gain with about 80 cal/kg/day...
    We are giving Denise ice-cream, avocados, chocolate, cheddar cheese (it melts in the mouth, and she likes the stronger taste), blue cheese, butter...
    I hope it's just a phase she's going through, and she gets back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing her on the treadmill!! Riley did that also and look at her now. Magnolia will be walking before you know it, so awesome! I hope she starts gaining weight again. Weight is one of those issues that I think we will be dealing with for a lifetime. It is such a delicate balance between getting them enough to gain weight but not too much to upset their little systems. I'm sure she will start gaining again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her! She is such a doll. I really want to me her in person! I am also a wonderful, loving babysitter! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am definitely going to have to ask my PT about using a treadmill with Kaylee~ I have never heard, seen, or thought of putting her on one yet. Magnolia looks so big and strong! I hope she gets back to gaining weight to put your mind at ease, but from where I am seeing, she is doing GREAT!!! LOVE that girl!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilary,

    It's been sometimes I'm not dropping by here to say Hello to you and of course your angel Magnolia... Really glad to see her progress this far. My Mawaddah is bit lagging behind. What more we are now back home to Malaysia. Please pray for her quick development like Magnolia too. Will come again sooner...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is nice post everything is so beautiful and Maybe she is losing weight from the treadmill work too??
    Treadmill

    ReplyDelete