Magnolia keeps running a fever and Tylenol is not keeping it as under control as we would like. Of course the biggest concern (other than seizures) is what is up with the fever?? It could be from the virus that she tested positive for, it could be from the dead bowel they cut out or she could have a blood infection and have become septic. The blood culture is not back yet. They have her on antibiotics and plan to keep her on those for the time being to help her fight an infection if that is what she has. She is still extremely agitated and restless. The only thing that calms her is giving her a sedative. The problems with that are she has been getting some low blood pressure reading and they want to wean her off the vent. She can't be completely knocked out so that she can prove she can come off the vent. Her latest blood gas was not what they were hoping to see. She appears to be 'under breathing' the vent. They will do another blood gas this evening and hope for better results. They are also hoping she gets a great night's sleep tonight and does not need as much pain medication or sedatives so tomorrow she will be able to be extubated. We hope for a peaceful night for her as well. When she is resting we do not talk to her because she starts stirring at the sound of our voices and begins to flail around. Watching her thrash around, fight the vent and generally just being pissed off is hard to watch when there is nothing we can do to calm her.
 |
| Notice the IV site in her scalp is gone. It is only one small thing that has been removed, but we will take it! |
 |
| Magnolia Bakery |
Hilary,
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking of you and Magnolia; thank you for the update. My heart is with you both. Please continue to keep us posted; prayers and hugs coming your way from the Hunters. xo
Thinking of you, hoping for great results on the test tonight and not being septic. This is just not allowed, ok, Magnolia? Hope you can all have a much needed restful night tonight.
ReplyDeleteI love you much.
Still praying. Please keep posting. I really wish I could say more.... but there are no words. She is such a strong girl. I'll be praying she rounds the corner tonight and gets some restful healing. Much love from our family to yours.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog after skimming the WHS blog. And now I can't stop thinking about your little girl. I don't know what to say, I'm sure nothing is comforting right now except knowing you're in good hands with that surgeon. Hoping for improvement tomorrow. I cannot imagine what you're going through, but know people are thinking of you and your family right now and please don't hesitate to ask any WHS family for anything. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the updates...Dr. Dorn was on call Thursday night so I did let him know yesterday a.m. what was going on and he said to let you know he is thinking about you. Hope she rested well last night and can be extubated this a.m. I'd love to come up and see you, I know she isn't tolerating visitors. Let me know when your down times of the day are. I can come distract you for an hour or so.
ReplyDelete