Magnolia is still not back to her old self. It will take awhile to get there. She still is not taking her bottle and is very weak and fussy. But the difference from where she was one week ago is unbelievable. We have had two nurses stop in recently to say hi to her and both were completely shocked that they were looking at the same little girl. One ER nurse from last Sunday when we checked in looked Magnolia up in the computer to check on her and see if she was still here. The nurse found us because she wanted to see how Magnolia was doing. She couldn't believe how awake and alert Magnolia was. Our nurse today had not seen Magnolia since Monday when she got out of surgery. She said she almost didn't recognize her. I can see how.
 |
| Right after surgery 6.13.11 |
 |
| Still in the hospital but feeling better 6.19.11 |
|
Magnolia took full feeds yesterday. We gravity fed her 2 oz every 3 hours during the day. We had to practice with gravity feeding because it has been a long time since we had done that. She took it well, I just worried that she wouldn't be able to tell me when she was full. I took for granted her bottling cues. Magnolia eats very similarly to how our son did at her age. When he was growing he ate everything in sight and when he wasn't he ate much less. As long as we felt Magnolia was taking enough during her bottle feedings we really didn't push her. We followed her cues. We are going to have to work to learn her gravity feeding cues. Last night was her first night on full feeds. She took 28ml an hour for 8 hours. She tolerated it well, she only needed to be unplugged and vented once.
That's all for now.....we are on our way to get another renal sono on Magnolia.
Great news to hear. I am so happy that Magnolia is on her way to recovery. Hugs to you all. xoxo
ReplyDeleteGreat news! I hope Magnolia recovers quickly and gains the weight she lost fast. She is a fighter!
ReplyDeleteSweet little beauty, I love her.