We love summer!!! Toller and I are enjoying sleeping in a bit, however he seems to get up just as early during the summer as he does during the school year. The difference is that during the summer he is happy to be awake at the crack of dawn. Me, not so much.
Magnolia is adjusting to having us home all day everyday. I think there are times when she misses the quiet that was the house while T and I were at school. Magnolia has a good summer schedule lined up. We have OT on Wednesdays, PT on Thursdays and hydrotherapy on Fridays. Magnolia had her eye appointment on June 1st. The eye doctor was surprised at how much she has changed since we saw him 3 months ago. He said she is still globally delayed, but she has improved so much. He gave us great news by telling us we could wait 4 months to see him instead of our normal 3. Long gone are the dreams of being dismissed by any doctors, at least for now. Now we are just ecstatic to get an extension from the normal 3 month follow-ups to 4 months.
Magnolia had her first hydrotheraphy session on Friday, June 3rd. She loved it. The water was nice and warm, which was my only worry, so Magnolia was comfortable. We worked her really hard and you could tell the rest of the day. She slept almost all day long. The therapist told us to make sure she stayed hydrated. She was so tired she did not drink much but I did not have to worry; we just pumped water in her throughout the day. This was one of the many days that I have been so relieved she has a Mic-Key button!
 |
| Getting so long |
 |
| Crashed out on dad after swimming |
Magnolia's OT was playing with her and working on her grasp last week. The OT found this little maraca that is the perfect size and weight. The bright color is also awesome. We can put it in Magnolia's hand and she will hold it for awhile. She has just started to notice it and realize it is in her hand. It is funny to watch. We, of course, have been on the lookout for more maracas this size without any luck. We did find some small ones at Party City but they are not as small or light as this one. She can't quite get as good of a grasp on these. The search continues. Meanwhile the OT let us borrow this one.
 |
| How did this get in my hand? |
 |
| Tiny tiny feet |
 |
| Zonked out |
So sweet and so beautiful...I just love her!! xo
ReplyDeleteMagnolia is such a beautiful, beautiful little girl!! I love all the pictures! Hydrotherapy must be awesome!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOUR PICS AND UPDATES! Magnolia looks so adorable in anything she wearsI
ReplyDeleteI guess I forgot that Toller and Jay both have May birthdays! Happy belated birthday to him...time does fly by, doesn't it? I can't believe Jay is 11 and my own AGE (yikes...on the road to seniorville and AARP discounts)...
Enjoy your summer...you know it's gonna go by fastI